Skip to main content

16 mos: current schedule

I get weekly emails from BabyCenter to get hints. I don't really fuss if Brie doesn't follow what they write. They do keep reiterating that babies develop uniquely. But I keep the subscription because I want to be reading about might-come's.

So this week/month they wrote that most around this time, babies lose the morning nap.

I thought about "enforcing" the no-morning-nap schedule. But decided against it. I kinda like our current schedule, it works well for both of us! She is down to 2 naps in a day and has been following roughly the same schedule since she turned 1.



6:00 am : WAKE UP! We usually stay in bed for 20 minutes. She nurses and snuggles and plays with my face (by "play" I mean pokes at everything until I make her stop).
She will then inspect her toy bin for the day while I tidy up the bed.

7:00 am : Breakfast. This week she actually had a few new cereals. Just a month ago she wouldn't touch any kind of cereals even though she had a ton of Cheerio's when she was learning her pincer grasp.

So breakfast is now (aside from breast milk, which she has before even getting up): dry cereals, dried fruits like craisins or cranberries or raisins, cheese like mozzarella sticks or singles/slices, and watered down juice in a straw cup.

I still give her milk/chocolate milk every few days. I'm waiting for her to get into it. I'm also introducing granola. It's what I'm now having for breakfast and I let her pick out of my bowl.

After breakfast, she'll play around the kitchen while I prepare whatever we're having for dinner. I get all the ingredients out and make sure everything is ready for cooking. This takes a while because Brie will of course try to make me play or read her stories so the work is on and off. That's fine with us.

8:30 am : Bath time. This serves two purposes: it's part of her routine for her morning nap, and it's one of her favorite play times. I let her play in the tub with around 2 inches of water and she just loves splashing around.

After bath, she gets to play a little bit more then we start winding down with books. She will definitely start nursing at this time and it's either she nurses and then we read another book, or she nurses while I read to her.

9:30 am : Morning nap.

This is a great time to do some chores like making dinner - yes, I make it this early. And load the laundry. And relax. And do some crafts. Aside from cooking, I try to stay in the room with Brie.

11:00 am : Wake up! Nurse Brie, and have lunch.

Brie currently loves white rice. Just white rice. She also likes mixing it with whatever we're having for dinner, but then she'll ask for plain white rice by pointing at it on the table and saying "vooooooo-voooooo". That sound has been her "I want that" ever since she started communicating with sounds.

12:00 nn : This is play time although we stay in the house. This is when her toys get fully utilized. And this is when I really try to play with Brie. We move around the house playing in the kitchen, living room, bedroom.

2:30 pm : Afternoon nap. Brie is usually tired by 2 pm so that's when we shift back to books and wind down.

4:00 pm : Wake up!

This is her longest stretch of awake time so this is when I prefer to bring her out. Either we play outside the house, just walk around on the sidewalk and collect rocks and leaves, or we go to the park where Daddy meets us on his way home from work.

6:30 pm : Dinner.

Dinner is a bit challenging for me. This is mostly Daddy's time with Brie. I don't get to monitor her food intake that much so if she ends up eating too little (playing too much), then it's usually a more difficult night for me because she will nurse more.

8:00 pm : Shower. Start of routine to sleep.

8:30 pm : Sleep.

On some nights, Brie won't nurse again until 2:30am. Then it's mostly every hour after that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I wanted some hazelnut cookies but I realized that I only had a couple of tablespoons of Nutella left. So I ended up making peanut butter cookies packed with tons of chocolate chips instead. Important notes before you begin: Chilling is mandatory! You should chill the cookie batter for at least 4 hours, as long as 3 days in case you get sidetracked. You will need 2 baking sheets. So either bake those 2 sheets at the same time, or you bake it one after the other, with the rack positioned in the middle. If you do bake with 2 sheets simultaneously, position 1 baking rack at the top, and the other at the bottom. You will switch the baking sheets' positions half way thru baking time. Ingredients 1 ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour ½ teaspoon Baking Soda ½ teaspoon Baking Powder ¼ teaspoon Salt ½ cup softened Butter (1 stick) *not melted* ½ cup Brown Sugar, tightly packed 1 Large Egg 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract ¾ cup Creamy Peanut Butter Spread 2 cups Chocolate Chips Direc

DIY Hallway Photo Gallery

Whenever we come from a major family trip - something annual hopefully - I print pictures from the trip for Brie to enjoy, and to help her remember. I especially want to help her remember other family members who live pretty far from us. I originally just used painter's tape because it doesn't mess up with the walls but they're also not very sturdy and pictures kept falling off. So I decided to get some scrapbook materials and now we have a changeable photo gallery along our hallway. Very easy to set up with just a few materials: Command Wire Hooks Value Pack, Small, White, 9-Hooks (17067-9ES) BAZIC Mini, Natural Clothespins, Wood, 50 Per Pack Fashionclubs Hessian Rustic Burlap Twisted Jute Twine String Roll 330ft I ordered the pictures printed from Shutterfly. I made sure to put the photo gallery on Brie's eye level. That's why I got command hooks, because those are easy to remove and re-place when Brie grows taller. I actually have big plans

11 wks: every 2 hour night feeds

We're definitely back at feeding every 2 hours at night. I'm not so bad off because co-sleeping is working for us really well. I only have to flip our positions to change from boob to boob every feeding. Brie's a pretty angel at night, she'd wiggle to wake me up when she's hungry but we'd both fall right back to sleep while she feeds. I don't think we're in a growth spurt, that's normally on 12th week. I hope we can go back to getting 3 hours of sleep after that. No hurry though, I know I have it much easier than other moms :)