Skip to main content

DIY: magnetic fishing game

I'm not even sure if Brie is ready for this game at 16 months but I know that she currently loves magnets. So instead of buying her a fishing toy, I decided to make a set out of whatever materials I already have.

I used the following:
  1. foam sheets for the fish
  2. paper clips to make the fish magnetic
  3. a tiny magnet sewed into a cloth pouch
  4. ribbon for the fishing line
  5. a chopstick for the fishing pole
  6. glue to stick things with,
  7. scissors to cut things with,
  8. and finally a marker to draw the fish details and make them cute

Cut out fish from foam sheets. Best to cut out one and then use that as a template for the rest.
Then you put a paper clip on one fish and glue on another foam fish on top of that.

Use a marker to draw the fish details.
 I don't have step-by-step pictures for the "hook and line" that I made. It's very simple: get a tiny magnet, put it in a piece of cloth, sew it sealed, then tie a ribbon on that and onto a chopstick. That's it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I wanted some hazelnut cookies but I realized that I only had a couple of tablespoons of Nutella left. So I ended up making peanut butter cookies packed with tons of chocolate chips instead. Important notes before you begin: Chilling is mandatory! You should chill the cookie batter for at least 4 hours, as long as 3 days in case you get sidetracked. You will need 2 baking sheets. So either bake those 2 sheets at the same time, or you bake it one after the other, with the rack positioned in the middle. If you do bake with 2 sheets simultaneously, position 1 baking rack at the top, and the other at the bottom. You will switch the baking sheets' positions half way thru baking time. Ingredients 1 ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour ½ teaspoon Baking Soda ½ teaspoon Baking Powder ¼ teaspoon Salt ½ cup softened Butter (1 stick) *not melted* ½ cup Brown Sugar, tightly packed 1 Large Egg 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract ¾ cup Creamy Peanut Butter Spread 2 cups Chocolate Chips Direc

DIY Hallway Photo Gallery

Whenever we come from a major family trip - something annual hopefully - I print pictures from the trip for Brie to enjoy, and to help her remember. I especially want to help her remember other family members who live pretty far from us. I originally just used painter's tape because it doesn't mess up with the walls but they're also not very sturdy and pictures kept falling off. So I decided to get some scrapbook materials and now we have a changeable photo gallery along our hallway. Very easy to set up with just a few materials: Command Wire Hooks Value Pack, Small, White, 9-Hooks (17067-9ES) BAZIC Mini, Natural Clothespins, Wood, 50 Per Pack Fashionclubs Hessian Rustic Burlap Twisted Jute Twine String Roll 330ft I ordered the pictures printed from Shutterfly. I made sure to put the photo gallery on Brie's eye level. That's why I got command hooks, because those are easy to remove and re-place when Brie grows taller. I actually have big plans

11 wks: every 2 hour night feeds

We're definitely back at feeding every 2 hours at night. I'm not so bad off because co-sleeping is working for us really well. I only have to flip our positions to change from boob to boob every feeding. Brie's a pretty angel at night, she'd wiggle to wake me up when she's hungry but we'd both fall right back to sleep while she feeds. I don't think we're in a growth spurt, that's normally on 12th week. I hope we can go back to getting 3 hours of sleep after that. No hurry though, I know I have it much easier than other moms :)