Skip to main content

DIY: cardboard shelves

We already have most of Brie's toys in bins because we're cycling them. However, we keep some out in the open; mostly her favorites and, of course, her books. And right now, we're in a transitioning phase in terms of living arrangements (translated: we're working on getting our own home) so we try to keep most of our things in our room. That makes keeping things tidy very challenging. I know we have the option to buy pretty cabinets and shelves, but I'm trying to keep our "things to move (eventually)" minimal. And I actually like doing things :)

What I have are empty diaper boxes. I originally had 2 and I simply flipped them on their sides and stacked them and taped the flaps straight. Then we got a 3rd box - you know, because diapers. And I didn't want to stack that one on top of the first 2 because the flaps were flimsy and I just wasn't satisfied with it.

I did a very small change and it turned out exactly what I needed! I took out the flaps of all three and that's it! Stacked them all and now our things are more visible and we gained back some floor space.

Puppy Sis on the bottom shelf is part of her today's set of toys

Yes, I did not bother painting it.
I thought about painting it but... never mind! Maybe next time :)

Yes, we do buy Kirkland diapers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I wanted some hazelnut cookies but I realized that I only had a couple of tablespoons of Nutella left. So I ended up making peanut butter cookies packed with tons of chocolate chips instead. Important notes before you begin: Chilling is mandatory! You should chill the cookie batter for at least 4 hours, as long as 3 days in case you get sidetracked. You will need 2 baking sheets. So either bake those 2 sheets at the same time, or you bake it one after the other, with the rack positioned in the middle. If you do bake with 2 sheets simultaneously, position 1 baking rack at the top, and the other at the bottom. You will switch the baking sheets' positions half way thru baking time. Ingredients 1 ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour ½ teaspoon Baking Soda ½ teaspoon Baking Powder ¼ teaspoon Salt ½ cup softened Butter (1 stick) *not melted* ½ cup Brown Sugar, tightly packed 1 Large Egg 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract ¾ cup Creamy Peanut Butter Spread 2 cups Chocolate Chips Direc

DIY Hallway Photo Gallery

Whenever we come from a major family trip - something annual hopefully - I print pictures from the trip for Brie to enjoy, and to help her remember. I especially want to help her remember other family members who live pretty far from us. I originally just used painter's tape because it doesn't mess up with the walls but they're also not very sturdy and pictures kept falling off. So I decided to get some scrapbook materials and now we have a changeable photo gallery along our hallway. Very easy to set up with just a few materials: Command Wire Hooks Value Pack, Small, White, 9-Hooks (17067-9ES) BAZIC Mini, Natural Clothespins, Wood, 50 Per Pack Fashionclubs Hessian Rustic Burlap Twisted Jute Twine String Roll 330ft I ordered the pictures printed from Shutterfly. I made sure to put the photo gallery on Brie's eye level. That's why I got command hooks, because those are easy to remove and re-place when Brie grows taller. I actually have big plans

11 wks: every 2 hour night feeds

We're definitely back at feeding every 2 hours at night. I'm not so bad off because co-sleeping is working for us really well. I only have to flip our positions to change from boob to boob every feeding. Brie's a pretty angel at night, she'd wiggle to wake me up when she's hungry but we'd both fall right back to sleep while she feeds. I don't think we're in a growth spurt, that's normally on 12th week. I hope we can go back to getting 3 hours of sleep after that. No hurry though, I know I have it much easier than other moms :)