Skip to main content

DIY: magnetic pen & eraser holder for your board

So this is the time moms actually do all those fun crafts you see on Pinterest! My husband was wondering why I was taking so long staring at the crafts isles in the grocery store and all I wanted to get was a pack of magnets.

Anyway, my first DIY craft for this blog is just a pretty-fied recycled chocolate box with a magnet at the back :)
Finished product.

Why do I need it? Because I now have a magnetic board inspired by Pinterest! We bought a huge oil drip pan from Walmart - we even bought it where they said we should!

I started off with a chocolate box. I cut it in half and then glued them together in the middle to make a thicker box.

Then I took a scrapbook paper and covered it.

Cut the top part so you can fold it into the box.

Glue on a magnet at the back. I didn't even bother covering the back part completely.

And it's done!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Little Sunshine's 2nd Birthday Party

We had a wonderful, memorable second birthday party for Brie! Most of decorations we had was Pinterest-inspired. I'd like to share some pictures to inspire other parents looking into a "My Little Sunshine" baby/toddler girl's birthday party.

Toddler diet: breakfast sample

When my toddler's appetite spikes, I make sure I make the most out of it. Here is one of those breakfasts that Brie enjoyed and actually finished. It took a while - the whole morning - but hey, I'm not complaining! Brie usually sits down for breakfasts, gets full, then starts play time. An hour or so after, I make sure that same breakfast plate is within reach and she either nibbles while she plays or I sneak in a bite for her every now and then. Not pictured: a cup of orange juice, a cup of milk (with Nesquick), and a cup of water. I always make drinks readily available throughout the day because we are still breastfeeding and weaning very, veeerryy sloooowwllyyyyyyyy

Recipe: Brazo de Mercedes cups

I am not a real baker. I bake for personal consumption and sometimes, when they're good enough, I share with friends, family, and my husband's officemates. I also have an intense love for Goldilocks fresh  brazo de mercedes logs. I know if it's fresh. And I definitely know if it's not Goldilocks. So lately... I don't have access to Goldilocks and I'm not very good with complex recipes so I looked around and did an experiment aaaaand here we go! Wait. I did say I'm not a real baker so do excuse the crappy piping. I have no idea how to wrestle a piping bag. Meringue cups ("shells") Ingredients 5 egg whites 1/2 tsp cream of tartar 1/3 cup white sugar 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional) Directions Preheat oven to 320 ° F In a mixing bowl, combine the egg whites and cream of tartar. Beat at low speed using an electric mixer until foamy.  Increase speed to medium and gradually add the sugar, continue mixing until you get stiff peaks. ...